There’s nothing better than sitting around a campfire on a warm summer night, toasting marshmallows to make drippy, gooey s’mores. The more burnt the marshmallow is, the better! I like to pull out this recipe when it’s too cool outside to start a campfire, but I’m still craving that winning marshmallow-and-chocolate combination. Today I made these adorably easy s'mores cookies at the International Home and Housewares show! I had a lot of fun doing a live demo!
Yield: 16 large cookies
Prep Time: 30 minutes plus 2 hours chill time
Cook Time: 12 minutes
- 2 ¼ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoons cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, melted
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 16 large marshmallows
- 2 sheets graham crackers, finely crumbled
- 16 miniature milk chocolate bars
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, cornstarch, and salt.
- In another medium mixing bowl, whisk the melted butter, light brown sugar, and granulated sugar until well combined and smooth.
- Mix the egg and egg yolk into the butter mixture, and then add the vanilla extract.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients and mix well. Fold in the semisweet chocolate chips.
- Cover the dough and chill for 2 hours or up to overnight.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator and let the dough soften up for about 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 325ºF. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Using a cookie scoop or your hands, shape the dough into 3-inch balls and place on the baking sheets about 2–3 inches apart.