If you type "Unicorn" in Pinterest endless images of cakes, cookies, hair, toast and the now-famous Frappuccino will pop up and fill your screen with with multicolors and sparkles. This trend has taken over and there is no end in sight!
Where did the trend begin? Some kids of the ’90s may say the color-infused animals of Lisa Frank started it, but the love and trend has only increased as time has gone on. Unicorn everything. That is the craze these days, and this super easy recipe will bring magic to the table!
One sleeve saltine crackers
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 bag of White Chocolate Hershey Kisses
Blue and red food coloring
1. Line a half sheet pan with parchment paper.Place crackers on the parchment paper so they are touching side by side.
2. In a sauce pan, melt the butter. Add the brown sugar and stir it in with the butter. Set the stove to medium heat and bring the butter/sugar mixture to a boil. Once it starts boiling, set the timer for 3 minutes so that it thickens.
3. Pour the sugar mixture evenly over crackers. Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes until brown and bubbly. Remove from oven.
4. Place one bag of white chocolate chips over the toffee. Put the pan back in the oven for 1-2 minutes, until the chocolate starts to melt and can be spread. Remove from the oven.
5. Gently spread the white chocolate using a rubber spatula, and add food coloring while you continue to spread ( about 2-3 drops of each). Spread until there is an even layer over the toffee.
6. Sprinkle pearls and gems on top of the white chocolate
7. Freeze the toffee for about 30 minutes, or until it is firm.
8. Break or cut into pieces and store them in an airtight container.