Nothing says fall and Thanksgiving like bourbon, maple, and pecans! Try these bars, a twist on that traditional pecan pie that you may be sick of by now!
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2/3 cup pecan halves
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extractD
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, brown sugar and butter together. Rub mixture with clean hands until combined and crumbly. Press into a greased 9-inch square baking pan. Bake for 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a small saucepan, bring sugar and maple syrup to a boil. Remove from heat. Cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, add beaten eggs. Pour syrup mixture into eggs, stirring constantly. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Pour syrup mixture over partially baked crust. Bake at 450F for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350F and bake for 20 minutes longer.
- Cool. Cut into squares. Refrigerate.